This year Tangent members have been invited to join the National Photographic Competition which has been traditionally held by 41 Club each year. The winners of the competition get to see their photograph reproduced in a calendar that is sold and the profits are given to the National President’s charity each year.
The National Photographic Competition is kicking off!
Entries will be published on line when voting opens, and the voting itself will also be on line so that as many of you as possible can cast your votes, not just those attending National Conference. The winner will be announced at the AGM in Torquay and your favourite photos will appear in the calendar, profits from which will go to the Presidents’ charity. There is a twist, however, this time around. In an effort to have closer ties with Tangent, both 41 Club President Elect Andrew Mackereth and Tangent President Elect Sue Hill have chosen the same charity for their year. The 2019 Photographic Competition will be a joint 41 Club and Tangent competition.
Please send your entries to: [email protected].
Bear in mind that the photos, if winners, will be printed slightly larger than A4 and in landscape mode except for the front cover. Your entries therefore have to be of sufficient resolution. As a rule of thumb, a JPEG file that is at least 2.0 to 2.5 MB in size should do the trick but bigger is better in this case. If you’d rather send me a link to the picture in your DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Amazon S3 or other cloud storage facility then that’s fine too.
The competition rules are as follows:
- Each photograph must be the work of the person entering it and entries are limited to four per member.
- Entry is only available to 41 Club members who can be verified on the CAS database and to Tangent members.
- Entries are to be submitted electronically to [email protected]
- Entries should be submitted by Thursday February 14th 2019
- Digital enhancement of photographs beyond basic colour correction and cropping is not allowed. The idea is to show off your photographic skills, not your image editing skills.
- All entries must include the name and Club of the photographer and a title.
- Photographs entered into this competition must not have been entered into any other competition.
- The photographer grants permission for 41 Club and Tangent to use the photographs for charitable fundraising activities.
So get clicking!